1. When Jesus promised that “streams of living water” would flow from within his followers, the “living water” symbolized
___A the Holy Spirit.
2. The prophet _____ tells of flawed vessels being remade by the potter into useful ones.
3. Choices make up habits, and habits make up
4. Unresolved guilt can make a person
___A emotionally ill.
___B physically ill.
___C both of the above.
___D None of the above.
5. If you are trying to right the wrongs of the past and need to pay an outstanding debt, but don’t have money to do it, you should
___A ask God to cover the matter with his grace, and put it out of your mind.
___B contact the creditor and make arrangements for future payments.
___C take the money from your church offering.
___D declare bankruptcy.
6. When a sin has caused a broken relationship between the offender and the offended, in clearing things up
___A the offended should first go to the offender.
___B the offender should first go to the offended.
___C Each should wait for the other.
___D Each should immediately go to the other without waiting.
7. One of God’s great servants who went through a time of doubt was
___C John the Baptist.
___D John the apostle.
8. One cause of doubt listed in your outline is
___B excessive study.
9. John 8:44 – Satan is the “father of
10. The church at _____ had former homosexuals in it.
11. The converts at Ephesus burned their bridges to the past and demonstrated repentance by
___A attending church faithfully.
___B publicly burning their books of magic.
___C turning away from their old friends.
___D public confession of past wrongs.
12. “_____ the old nature and _____ the new.”
___A Starve – feed
___B End – begin
___C Leave – come into
___D Kill – make alive
13. One root cause of addiction listed in your outline is
___D being a turkey.
14. The commonest form of resentment is against
___A the IRS.
___B people who get in our way.
___C people who are wrong religiously.
___D parents, mates, brothers and sisters.
15. Trust is not basically a feeling but a
___A way of life.
16. Immoral people are often looking more for _____ than for sex.
___A a thrill
___C the right person
17. The more you see a person as a _____, the less you will see him or her just as a body.
___A potential convert
18. God counts greed as
___B spiritual illness.
19. Though it is not wrong for everyone to have a TV, a person should get rid of it if
___A the payments are too high.
___B it makes you relax too much.
___C it turns you into a moron.
___D it is bigger than you are.
20. Behind all specific sins and bondages is the basic problem of
21. The only thing that can be done with the old sinful nature is to
___A reform it.
___B educate it.
___C execute it.
___D resist it.
22. One of the “stakes” listed on your outline which you can “drive down” to symbolize your dedication to Christ is
___A doing a good deed every day.
___B cleaning up your speech.
___C honoring your parents in practical ways.
___D volunteering for some kind of ministry.
23. One cause of indiscipline listed on your outline is
___A a sweet tooth.
___C bad experiences in life.
___D parents who did not discipline.
24. Daniel showed self-discipline by
___A accepting a Babylonian name.
___B refusing to eat the king’s food.
___C agreeing to go to Babylon from Jerusalem.
___D keeping solidarity with his three Hebrew friends.
25. _____ is a basic key to a more disciplined life.
___A Reading Asterix
___D A good income
26. According to your outline, one way in which our emotions motivate us to do good is by
___A making us happy.
___B making us zealous to reach lost souls.
___C helping us be objective in our thinking.
___D helping us like the people who are like ourselves.
27. 2 Timothy 1:7 – “God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love and of
___B zeal for what is good.”
28. When we repress painful emotions into our subconscious rather than processing them in God’s way, the result may be
___A spiritual hardness.
29. From your outline, one of the parental mistakes that can damage a child’s self-esteem is
___A lack of consistent discipline.
___B giving the child too many things.
___C requiring the child to help at home.
___D eating at McDonald’s instead of Steak And Ale.
30. John 8:32 – Then you will know the truth, and the truth will
___A set you free.
___B make you clean.
___C give you light.
___D save your soul.
31. Moses had reason to feel badly about himself. He was
___A slow of speech.
___C physically unimpressive.
32. According to your outline, all earthly authority originates from
___A the consent of the people.
___C the need for order.
___D human ambition.
33. Adam and Even fell because they wanted to
___A live outside the confines of Eden.
___B have sex.
___C be like the angels.
___D be like gods.
34. Our concept of God is closely connected with our attitude toward
___C the spiritual.
___D our fathers.
35. The only cure for rebellion is
___C a change in our parents.
___D fewer rules.
36. The writer _____ in the New Testament repeatedly warns against being “double-minded.”
37. The first and greatest goal of every Christian should be to
___A live a righteous life.
___B glorify God.
___C marry someone who can help him or her serve God.
___D know the scriptures.
38. Besides helping the poor, Paul’s other motive for gathering contributions from Gentile churches to help the Jewish poor was to
___A develop a structure for benevolence in the early church.
___B set an example for future generations.
___C encourage a spirit of giving.
___D unite Jews and Gentiles.
39. Jeremiah describes people who have made foolish value choices as
___A pouring money down a rat-hole.
___B digging cisterns that will not hold water.
___C selling their birthright.
___D chasing after wind.
40. The Israelites were taught to give first honor to God. One way this was taught was through a law requiring them to
___A practice circumcision.
___B avoid marriage with pagan Gentiles.
___C fast twice a week.
___D offer only perfect animals in sacrifices to God.
41. Because Solomon chose the right priority, God
___A honored him during his life.
___B allowed him to name a porch in the temple after himself.
___C gave him all the other things he could have asked for.
___D made him a teacher of his people.
42. The main root cause of conflicts between people is
___A pride and self-centeredness.
___B misunderstanding of one another.
___D emotional confusion.
43. It would be better to be drowned in the sea with a millstone tied to our neck than to
___A cause one of the little ones to sin.
___B sin sexually.
___C defile God’s temple.
___D lose our faith in God.
44. Romans 12:21 – We are to “overcome evil with
___C the Spirit.”
45. God led the way to the right wife for
46. A Christian widow may only marry
___A a widower.
___B once after her first husband dies.
___C someone in the Lord.
___D someone as old as herself.
47. If a dating couple have to be together every free moment, this can be a sign of
___A emotional insecurity.
___B temporary dementia.
___C the ability to pursue a goal.
___D alienation from parents.
48. When a Christian has a decision to make, his first question should always be,
___A “How will this affect my family?”
___B “Who will give me the best advice?”
___C “What will make me the happiest?”
___D “What does God want?”
49. All other wisdom, advice or supposed guidance must be tested by
___A common sense.
___B past experience.
___C what our parents have taught us.
___D the scriptures.
50. We are sternly forbidden to turn to _____ for guidance.
___A secular psychiatrists
___B the occult
___D our own minds